What is Fastrack?
Fastrack is the high quality transport concept for the Thames Gateway area brought to you by Arriva, Kent County
Council, Gravesham Borough Council, Dartford Borough Council and Prologis. Giving you:
- High-quality, state-of-the-art vehicles in the
well-known two-tone blue and grey colour scheme for ease of identification
- CCTV security system fitted inside and out for the added security of both passengers and drivers
- Dedicated drivers with Fastrack uniform for a friendly welcome and personalised service
- Frequent and reliable 'turn up and go' service
- Segregated busways with priority over other traffic
- Real-time information
- Fully-accessible vehicles with a low entrance and no steps inside the front half. The entrance can be lowered to the level of pavements if necessary
- A ramp at the entrance allows wheelchairs, pushchairs and buggies to be easily wheeled on or off
- Well-spaced seats and extra legroom for extra comfort
- High-tech Fastrack bus stop stations featuring displays that show the actual times of the next Fastrack bus. Shelters have been designed to make your short wait as comfortable as possible
Fastrack buses are fitted with Wi-Fi capability.
This means you are able to connect to the internet from the comfort of your seat as the bus whisks you down one of many Fastrack only busways, and there is no charge for using the connection! Whether using a laptop or smart phone, you can surf the net, do some internet shopping, chat with your friends or deal with your emails.
There is a small questionnaire to complete the first time you connect but after that you will be able to get online as soon as you're on board the bus and connect to arriva-wifi.