Engineer Vacancies in Kent and Surrey
Are you a qualified Engineer looking to take an exciting step in your career?
If so, then come and join Arriva and ENGINEER YOUR CAREER forward with lots of opportunities to develop. With IRTEC accreditation and training as well as a full career path through to Engineering Manager and beyond, Arriva is the place to work.
At Arriva, our Engineers are at the forefront of our business and get the opportunity to work on a large variety of vehicles, broaden their skillset and move up the career ladder. We currently have a number of exciting opportunities across various sites.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Undertaken a recognised apprenticeship and attained either C&G Level 3/NVQ Level 3/BTEC in Engineering – Motor Vehicle Maintenance (HGV/PCV)
- Strong, demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding of DVSA requirements
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return we offer:
- A competitive hourly rate, working on a rotating shift pattern
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) increasing over length of service to up to 33 days
- Training, development and career opportunities to include IRTEC Certification and PCV Licence attainment
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
Engineering Career Information
Arriva are always on the lookout for new talent who are interesting in engineering to join the team. All Engineering apprentices follow the below qualification stages in order to become fully qualified:
NVQ Level 1
Level 1 covers a basic outline of bus and coach engineering maintenance (Mechanical, Electrical, Body Repair, & Mech-elec).
NVQ Level 2
During Level 2, apprentices NVQ modules completion with portfolio work towards technical certificate.
NVQ Level 3
Level 3 Technical Certificates and NVQ Modules finish with portfolio.
During level 3 studies, Arriva apprentices will spend one year in the live workshop learning from the best, gaining confidence and experience whilst being mentored to complete their apprenticeship and become fully qualified.
Once Qualified and deemed as skilled
Skilled staff must have the basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance in servicing and repairs
Qualified staff will receive
Further training and advanced training via many external governing body’s I.e. DVSA, FTA, Lloyd Morgan group, VOLVO, ADL WRIGHT, BUS
Fleet Maintenance (IRTEC)