Help and Support
We continue to have dedicated teams in place across all areas of Arriva UK Bus who are monitoring this fast-evolving situation very closely.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and employees remains our primary concern. We recommend that everyone follows the latest government advice to only travel when necessary for work, shopping for essentials, or medical appointments. If you do need to use public transport, the NHS and government have issued some general advice on measures you can take to help coronavirus from spreading:
- If you can, wear a face covering where social distancing isn’t possible
- If possible, have hand sanitiser with you whilst travelling
- Do not travel if you are unwell or are showing symptoms of Coronavirus
- Sneeze and/or cough into a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands)
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after travelling
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available
- Avoid using cash if you can and pay by contactless
We continue to have extensive cleaning regimes in place that maintain high levels of hygiene, with particular attention to specific touchpoints on both our vehicles and our premises.
We have issued detailed and regular reminders to our own teams about hygiene good practice and the importance of hand washing and we know that our customers will also be following this advice.
We will continue to engage with the advice from the Government and public health bodies and introduce any additional measures that are recommended or required.
- The NHS have issued an informative video
- Video: How to wash your hands properly
- More information can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/