Lost something on the bus?
We will do our very best to help you. In light of Covid 19 we can no longer allow access to our depots. However, for essential item such as medication, purses or phones we will try our best to get these returned to you as quickly as possible, whilst adhering to the Governments advised social distancing rules.
In the first instance please complete the lost property form below:
What will happen next
- If we have your item our depot team will aim to contact you within 48 hours of your completion of the online 'Lost Property enquiry' form. If you do not hear from us that means that, sadly, we do not have your item.
If we have your lost item
- If we have your item we will keep it safe for you until 28 days after the Covid 19 social distancing rules have been lifted. In exceptional circumstances, where your item must be returned to you, such as medication or a phone or purse, we will contact you and arrange a return in line with social distancing rules – PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE DEPOT without this emergency arrangement being made.
- However if it is food or perishable items we are not obbliged to store them for any period of time.
Getting your lost item back
- If we have your lost item we will keep it safe for you until 28 days after the Covid 19 social distancing rules have been lifted.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE DEPOT TO COLLECT YOUR ITEM. In exceptional circumstances we will arrange with you directly to get your item back to you in line with social distancing rules.
- When you do collect your item it may be necessary to show some form of ID, especially for high value items such as phones, purses, laptops etc
What to do if you find something on the bus
- If you find something that somebody has left on the bus please alert the driver as you get off the bus and they will advise you where you should place it.
- Treat an abandoned bag with suspicion
- Don't touch it, but don't ignore it either
- Please alert the driver immediately