Permanent Driving Instructor/Relief Driving Examiner
Arriva isn’t just one of the biggest transport organisations in the area. We’re one of the biggest in Europe. Arriva is committed to developing its business and to ensure success we are looking to recruit a Permanent Driving Instructor / Relief Driving Examiner in the Shires area.
The successful candidate will report to the Training Manager. The role will be to support, motivate and coach new and existing employees undertaking all aspects of PCV driver training. Responsibilities will include, undertaking pre-employment assessments, training new employees, and continual development training for existing employees. The successful candidate will also be required to take on the role of Relief Examiner and to work closely with the Training Manager & Delegated Driving Examiner to aid and assist with the work load when required.
The Successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years PCV bus driving experience, have the competence to train new drivers to the PCV licensing standards and demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of integrity, attention to detail and a consistent ability to follow processes to achieve procedural compliance
- Ability to develop learning by motivating and encouraging new employees
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- A keen interest in Health & Safety
- A commitment to continuing professional development
The successful candidate must also be prepared to undertake intensive training courses, which will include having to spend nights away from home.
The hours of work will be 40 hrs a week working Monday to Friday, but actual hours worked each day may vary according to location worked.
In return we offer:
- competitive salary
- company pension scheme
- up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
Interested candidates should appy by filling in the form below and attached a CV, or by sending a CV and covering letter, quoting the job reference number.
Adam Rose, HR Advisor, Arriva the Shires, 487 Dunstable Road, Luton, Beds. LU4 8DSClosing Date: Fri 08 July, 2016
Reference Number: LU-RDE-0616
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.