We, Arriva PLC, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
- The “ArrivaClick” mobile application software (the “App”) [available on our site OR hosted on www.arrivaclick.co.uk (the “App Site”), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (a “Device”); and
- any of the services accessible through the App (the “Services”) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (the “Services Sites”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller of your personal data is Arriva PLC whose registered address is 1 Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland SR3 3XP.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App, the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register through the App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey via the App or the App Site or Services Site, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information. When using the App, you are sharing your location via the App for the purposes of enabling us to provide you with appropriate travel options and services.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use the App we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins, (Content Information);
- details of your use of our App or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise (Log Information)]; and/or
- Location information. We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you do not wish to share your location via the App, we will not be able to provide you with services via the App.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: We will use your Submitted Information in order to provide you with transport services via the App. Any necessary Submitted Information will be shared with our drivers to enable them to provide transport services to you and to verify your identity. Submitted Information is also shared with Arriva Transports Solutions Limited, another company in the Arriva group of companies, strictly for the purposes of operating the systems and technology to enable the App to function and thereby to match you and your location with a driver and vehicle.
- Device information: This information is processed only for the purposes of providing transport services via the App effectively.
- Content Information: This information is processed only for the purposes of providing transport services via the App effectively.
- Log information: This information is processed only for the purposes of providing transport services via the App effectively.
- Location information: It is essential for the App to operate effectively that we understand your location and can offer appropriate transport services which meet your needs. Without the location information provided via the App by your Device, we cannot provide you with the relevant transport services. Your location information is processed by us and Arriva Transport Solutions Limited, which operates the systems and technology that sit behind the App, to identify appropriate services which may be of interest to you and log and manage your Journey.
- Unique application numbers: This information is processed only for the purposes of providing transport services via the App effectively.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of your information
|In order for us to be able to operate the App and provide you with the App services, we need to disclose the data we collect from you to the following third parties:Category of data Recipient Purpose|
|Card Information||Braintree a division of PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l et Cit, S.C.A ("Braintree), alimited liability partnership registered as number R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349, and having a registered office at 5th Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg||To process card payments incurred by you through using the App.|
|Submitted Information, Location Information, Device Information||Arriva Transport Solutions Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, having a registered office at 1 Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XP||To process the relevant personal data for the purposes of operating the “back-office” system which sits behind the App and enables users to receive the benefit of the App and the transport services via the App.|
|Submitted Information, Location Information, Device Information, Log Information, Content Information.||Via Transportation, Inc., 226 5th Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001||
Via Transportation, Inc., 226 5th Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001 Via are the owner of the intellectual property in the App and systems which operate the App and its functionality. Via also hosts the App and the back-office which enables the App to function correctly.
In order for the App to operate as required, Via will process personal data via its servers. Via is under strict contractual obligations regarding the processing of your personal data in this regard and the data is processed in accordance with the requirements of UK data protection legislation.
Via is not permitted to process personal data for any purpose other than as is necessary to support and maintain the App.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- For marketing purposes, if you consent to receiving direct marketing from the same;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Arriva PLC, Arriva Transport Solutions Limited or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal personal data
All information you provide to us is also stored on our secure servers and those of ioki or Via Inc (see “Disclosure of Your Information” section above). Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services (Braintree) will be securely handled in accordance with industry standard measures. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the App or our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App or via our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services may include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your data at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
We will not disclose your personal data to any third party for them to process it and contact you for marketing purposes unless we have obtained your express consent via the forms we use to collect your data. At any time after you have given your express consent you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
Our Sites or the App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.