Get on board for a great career
We are looking to recruit a full time Storesperson, based at our Guildford Depot, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. The successful applicant will provide a crucial support role in assisting the smooth running of the depot’s engineering function. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintenance and effective control of the computerised stock system,
- Proactive liaison with central purchasing department, engineering colleagues, external suppliers, and other internal customers,
- Order parts and ensure adequate stock levels to meet the depot needs, within budgetary limits,
- Accurate recording of all materials / parts from stores to vehicles,
- Ensure all warranty items are processed in line with Company’s procedures,
- Safeguard all parts / materials in stores to prevent loss of misuse,
- Full compliance with all Health & Safety Regulations,
You must have the ability to work on your own initiative, be organised, accurate, and be able to work to deadlines to ensure timely delivery of stock. Computer literacy is essential, including competent use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software. Knowledge of vehicle engineering parts would be advantageous.
The normal working hours for the role are 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday, from 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours. These hours may occasionally include weekend working and some unsocial hours for stock checking purposes. A flexible approach to working hours is required in order to meet essential business demands. A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
To apply, please forward your CV, with a brief covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to: Mrs Claire Wratten, HR Manager Arriva Southern Counties, Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6TX or email: [email protected]
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.