Apprenticeship opportunities Arriva the Shires
ELECTRICAL, BODY & MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
Arriva’s UK Bus division is part of Arriva plc, one of Europe’s leading transport services organisations. We are one of the biggest bus operators within the UK, employing around 17,000 people and running over 6,000 buses.
Arriva Shires currently have vacancies to undertake a progressive four-year Apprenticeship.
We will provide a structured training programme, which will involve both on the job training at one of our depots and off the job training at City College, Coventry. This will result in you being suitably qualified and competent in all aspects of the trade. You will also be required to obtain your PCV licence and full training for this will be provided.
What you need to apply:
- a proven interest in mechanics (i.e. applicants who work on vehicles in their spare time),
- ability to get a car driving licence
- a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent which must include Maths, English and Science subject with a minimum pass of Grade C
- good communication skills
- be a team player
- have a strong work ethic
- flexibility and motivation to do a good job.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete a competency assessments in numeracy, literacy & IT and Practical Skills Assessment. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a selection interview.
Arriva is committed to diversity and applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified applicants.
Please send your applications via the National Apprenticeship website -
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th April 2015