A new way to travel
Sapphire is a new, premium service from Arriva
We’ve developed the concept based on what our customers told us in extensive research including surveys, site visits and focus groups. Sapphire gives us the opportunity to improve perceptions of the bus, encourage non-users to give the bus a try and infrequent users to make more of their journeys on the bus.
You told us you want:
A punctual, reliable, frequent and direct service:
Sapphire will be launched first on four already popular routes across the UK. All our Sapphire services go by the most direct route, run frequently and will have special attention paid to them to ensure good timekeeping.
Well-presented, customer focused drivers:
Arriva drivers are highly skilled professionals and we’re giving those working the Sapphire routes some extra training to help them give you the best possible experience when you travel with us on a Sapphire bus.
An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort:
Following a successful introduction on four routes in 2013, Arriva is extending its Sapphire premium brand so that 174 buses fitted with audio-visual ‘next stop’ equipment, WiFi and other improved features will be operating on 15 Sapphire services around the country by the end of this year. The vehicles running the Sapphire routes are a mixture of brand new and extensively refurbished buses. They are fitted with:
- New, more comfortable luxury seats, with high backs, deeper bases and more space – in some areas of the buses we’ve used the space normally taken by four seats to have three, more spacious, places to sit.
- Free WiFi – we’re making it easy for you to keep in touch, whether it's updating your Facebook page, bidding for that eBay bargain or dashing off a few emails.
- Charging points – when we’re all so reliant on technology there’s nothing worse than having a flat battery, so now you can charge your smartphone, laptop or tablet on the bus at the handy charging points
- Audio-visual announcements – in the new comfy seating it will be easy to lose yourself in your book so the buses will have special display screens and audio announcements to make sure you don’t miss your stop to get off; this facility will also be a great benefit if you are visually impaired or unfamiliar with the route or bus services generally
- CCTV on board each bus for added security.
A customer charter with no-quibble money-back guarantee
Our Sapphire customer charter sets out our commitments on things like reliability, punctuality, frequency and cleanliness and guarantees you your money back if you’re not satisfied. Read our customer charter.