Changes to bus services in Teesside and East Cleveland
Arriva North East will be making changes to bus services in the Teesside and East Cleveland area on the 8 July 2012.
Nick Knox, area managing director for Arriva North East, said: “It is important that we review our networks to ensure that we are consistently serving our passengers with the best possible routes and frequencies. We will be undertaking some changes from the 8 July which will see many enhancements to our current service, with more buses per hour on many routes. Unfortunately whilst most areas will see an improved service, a small number will see a reduced service where the route is no longer well used.”
Summary of changes
Marton Road, Middlesbrough - 27a 28 29
- In the Easterside area passengers will see an increase from one bus up to every 20 minutes to one bus at least every 10 minutes via a common route.
- Eagle Park passengers will see a doubling of frequency from one bus every hour to one bus every 30 minutes, with new links to Guisborough.
- Marton Shops area will see a better co-ordinated service, with one bus at least every 10 minutes.
- All services will run along the same route in and out of Middlesbrough and in conjunction with the service 63 there will now be one bus every 5 minutes between Middlesbrough and James Cook Hospital in both directions.
- A small section of Inner Marton Road, between Belle Vue Road and Borough Road, will no longer be served by Arriva. A local service is still provided by Leven Valley and Arriva will continue to operate services 627, 631 and 632 on evenings and Sundays via this route.
- In Skelton there will be no service via Windermere Drive or Hamsterley Way, due to low passenger usage of this particular section of the route. Service 4 will continue to serve Skelton High Street and Service X3 will continue to serve Coniston Road, a short walk from the Health Centre.
- The section of route between Lingdale and Saltburn will now be served by one bus every hour (service 4), with frequent links available in Skelton High Street for passengers wishing to go to Guisborough.
Cargo Fleet Lane & Guisborough services - 5 5A X93, 81
- On Cargo Fleet Lane passengers will see a better co-ordinated service, with all service 5/5a buses, observing all stops, every 15 minutes.
- Service X93 will continue to provide a fast link between Middlesbrough and Guisborough, whilst observing the stops at Brambles Farm Hotel and Ormesby Crossroads.
- Residents in Guisborough will also receive a better co-ordinated service to Middlesbrough, with buses every 15 minutes observing all stops, also supplemented by the express service X93 into Middlesbrough.
- The twice hourly service 81 will continue to operate between Marske Estate and Guisborough, with one journey each hour extending to Stokesley as per current arrangements. This hourly link has been retained following funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
- Service 81 will see some underused journeys removed.
South Bank, Eston, Grangetown - 64, 64A 71
- In the South Bank area passengers will have a bus every 10 minutes which will run direct via the A66 to and from Middlesbrough Bus Station.
- On Flatts Lane passengers will have a doubling of frequency from one bus an hour to one every 30 minutes.
- In the Bankfields area, all daytime buses will now pick up on the same side of the road for journeys towards Middlesbrough, making it simpler for passengers. Evening and Sunday Service 64B stopping arrangements are unchanged.
- On Fabian Road (east) passengers will see a doubling of frequency one bus every 30 minutes instead of one every hour.
- Services 22 & 71 will still provide links to North Ormesby and Borough Road following the changes to the 64/64a route.
- There will be a small section of South Bank Road near the Cargo Fleet Offices that will no longer be served during the day, however evening and Sunday service 64b will continue to operate via South Bank Road.
- The village of Lazenby will no longer be served by Arriva, however there is an alternative service provided by Tees Valley Coaches and passengers can still catch Service 63 at the ICI Wilton bus stops located a short walk east of the village.
- Measures have been introduced to improve reliability on Service 64 in the Redcar area.
Yarm, Eaglescliffe - X6
- The service X6 will terminate at Eaglescliffe to improve reliability. Buses will continue to be every 30 minutes between Middlesbrough and Kingsmead Estate. The section between Kingsmead Estate and Stockton will no longer be served by Arriva, however an alternative service is available, provided by Tees Valley Coaches.
East Cleveland X3, 4, X4
- Service 48 will be renumbered service 4 which will have a revised timetable
- Revised morning peak journeys on Service 4 will combine with Service X4 between Brotton, Green Tree and Redcar to improve capacity.
- Services X3 and X4 will see some underused journeys removed.