A number of changes to Arriva services will be made across the Medway area from 31st August, details being shown below.
These mainly result from the renewal of Medway Council contracts for services that are financially supported but also include some improved Sunday services and a more frequent evening service on the 101.
From 7th September the 101 will be upgraded to be operated by brand-new buses to ‘Sapphire’ specification in a special two-tone blue livery with free Wi-Fi, power sockets for each seat, audio-visual bus stop announcements and E-leather seating.
Details of the timetable changes are shown below and updated timetable leaflets will be available from our usual outlets, including the Information Centre at Chatham Waterfront Bus Station or by calling 0344 800 4411.
100 Chatham - St. Mary’s Island
A revised timetable will apply, including the extension of the Saturday service to and from Chatham Rail Station.
101 Gillingham - Brompton - Chatham - Davis Estate - Maidstone
Extra evening buses will run between Chatham and Maidstone, giving a half-hourly service between the two towns.
113/114 Chatham - Luton - Hempstead Valley - Parkwood - Wigmore
- The timetable will be revised to include the 113 being rerouted in Wigmore via the same route as the 114.
- The Schooldays Service 113 bus at 1437 hours from Chastham to Hempstead Valley will be re-routed to run via Hempstead Road and Hempstead Valley Drive to avoid traffic comngestion outside Hempstead School.
116 Chatham - Universities - MidKent College - Gillingham - Medway Maritime Hospital - Rainham - Parkwood - Hempstead Valley
- The 0705 hours bus on Mondays to Fridays from Hempstead Valley to Chatham will run as normal to the Queens Head and will then serve Rainham Mark Tesco at 0721, Jezreels at 0727, Medway Maritime Hospital at 0732, Gillingham Co op at 0737, Medway Park at 0739, MidKent College at 0741 and the Universities at Medway at 0749 to arrive at Chatham Waterfront Bus Station at 0754.
- The 1910 hours bus from Hempstead Valley to Chatham will run only as far as Medway Maritime Hospital.
132 Chatham - Chatham Hill - Rainham - Parkwood - Hempstead Valley
The timetable will be revised to improve reliability and to incorporate changes to the journeys run on behalf of Medway Council.
134 Chatham - Rochester - Cookham Wood - Rochester Airport
This service which has been provided under contract to Medway Council will be renumbered 142. Please see Service 142 for alternative journeys over this route.
140/141 Dockside Outlet Centre - Chatham - Rochester - Strood Estates
– The 0604 hours Service 141 bus from Chatham to Earl Estate on Mondays to Fridays will run four minutes later.
– The times of the Monday to Saturday evening service that is run under contract to Medway Council will be revised.
– The Sunday service will be enhanced to run every 30 minutes with buses running alternately as 140s and 141s.
142 Chatham - Rochester - Cookham Wood - Blue Bell Hill - Kits Coty
- The 0902 hours bus on Mondays to Fridays from Kits Coty to Chatham will continue to be run by Arriva but under contract to Medway Council. All other journeys will be run for Medway Council by Nu-Venture Buses (telephone 01622 882288).
145 Chatham - Rochester - Warren Wood
- The Saturday buses at 1817 and 1837 hours from Chatham to Warren Wood and at 1837 and 1857 hours from Warren Wood to Chatham will no longer run. They will be replaced by a bus at 1827 hours from Chatham to Warren Wood (arrive 1843) and from Warren Wood at 1845 hours to Chatham (arrive 1859).
- All Sunday buses will run five minutes later.
156 Chatham - Rochester - Queen Mother Court
- This service which is run under contract to Medway Council will be run by Nu-Venture Buses (telephone 01622 882288) instead of Arriva.
164 Chatham - White Road Estate - Chatham Grove
- The Thursday and Friday buses at 1830 hours from Chatham Waterfront Bus Station to Chatham Grove and at 1902 hours from Chatham Grove to Chatham Waterfront Bus Station will no longer run.
- All Sunday buses will run five minutes later.
167 Chatham - Luton - Princes Park - Lords Wood
- This Sunday service that is provided under contract to Medway Council will be withdrawn and replaced by new circular Services 167 and 168, both running hourly. These will link Chatham and Luton with Wayfield, Weeds Wood, Walderslade and Lords Wood. The 167 will run in a clockwise loop and the 168 will run the same route in reverse. Please note that the new 167 will not serve Princes Park.
176 Walderslade - Weeds Wood - Chatham - Medway Maritime Hospital - Gillingham - Hazlemere Drive
- The afternoon timetable on Mondays to Saturdays will be revised and the evening service will run via the normal 176 route along Rock Avenue instead of via Jezreels.
– The Sunday service will be improved, giving a new hourly service to Walderslade and twice as many buses as before between Chatham and Grange Road where there will be a half-hourly service.
179 Chatham - Luton - Churchill Avenue - Walderslade
A new journey will be introduced on Mondays to Fridays during school holidays at 1527 hours from Chatham Rail Station to Walderslade (Alexandra Hospital), where it will arrive at 1557 hours.
181 Chatham - Luton - Wayfield - Weeds Wood
- The Sunday service that is provided under contract to Medway Council will be withdrawn and replaced by new circular Services 167 and 168, both running hourly. These will link Chatham and Luton with Wayfield, Weeds Wood, Walderslade and Lords Wood. The 167 will run in a clockwise loop and the 168 will run the same route in reverse. Please note that the new 167 will not serve Princes Park.
182 Chatham - Brompton - Gillingham - Twydall
- An extra bus will run on Mondays to Fridays at 2239 hours from Twydall Shops to Chatham Waterfront Bus Station (arrive 2305) serving Beechings Green at 2242, Duncan Road at 2255 and Medway Park at 2300 hours.
– The Saturday afternoon timetable will be revised.
185 Chatham - Ordnance Street - Pattens Lane - Davis Estate - Walderslade - Lords Wood
- The buses at 0625 and 0725 hours from Princes Park to Chatham, and at 1550 and 1710 hours from Chatham to Princes Park on Mondays to Fridays, and the Monday to Saturday buses at 1828 hours from Chatham to Davis Estate and 1851 hours from Davis Estate to Chatham will no longer run.
- New journeys will run on Mondays to Fridays at 0655 hours from Davis Estate to Chatham, at 0752 hours from Blue Bell Hill Village via Davis Estate to Chatham, and at 1550, 1710 and 1810 hours from Chatham to Davis Estate. These will be operated by Nu Venture Coaches (telephone 01622 882288) on behalf of Medway Council.
- Tickets issued on Arriva and Nu-Venture buses for use on Service 185 will be available on the buses of both companies.
191 Chatham - Rochester - Strood - Hoo - Allhallows - Grain
- An extra bus will run on Mondays to Fridays at 0735 hours from Wainscott to Chatham (arrive 0753).
- On Saturdays the buses at 1520 and 1620 hours from Chatham to Hoo Marina and the 1609 and 1709 hours buses from Hoo Marina to Chatham will run ten minutes earlier.
- The Saturday buses at 1500 and 1600 hours from Chatham to Hoo (St. John’s Road) and the 1553 and 1653 buses from Hoo (St. John’s Road) to Chatham will no longer run.
197 Chatham - Rochester - Strood - Upnor - Lodge Hill
This service which has been run by Arriva under contract to Medway Council will be run instead by ASD Coaches (telephone 01634 726412).
653 Halling - Cuxton - Rochester and Chatham Schools
Due to revised times at Chatham Grammar School, the afternoon bus will start at Rochester Grammar School and will then run via Warren Wood, City Way, Chatham Maidstone Road, Chatham Rail Station and New Road to Rochester and Halling.
675 Chatham - Bishop of Rochester Academy - Lords Wood
This service will start at Glencoe Road at 1501 hours and will be extended in Lords Wood to terminate at Badger Road.
702 Chatham - Luton - Lords Wood - Walderslade - Wayfield circular
- This evening service will be renumbered 167 and will continue to run as a clockwise loop from Chatham via Luton, Princes Avenue, Lords Wood, Walderslade and Wayfield back to Luton and Chatham.
- On Sundays, this service will also run but with new Service 168 covering the same route in the opposite direction. Each service will run hourly and will replace the existing Service 167 and 181 on Sundays. Please note that the new 167 will not run via Heron Way.