Attention Bus-Pass Britain!
Bus Pass Britain: 50 of The Nations Favourite Journey’s was such a success they’re making another book – Bus Pass Britain Rides Again.
In last year’s book Arriva had service 61 from Aylesbury on the list of the 50 best bus journeys in Britain, and this year we want to have more! So if you feel any of our services (or any service), deserves a spot in the book, make sure you enter the Bus-pass Britain Rides Again competition.
The competition entails writing a short piece about your favourite journey, and the winners will be invited to write about their chosen route for Bus-Pass Britain Rides Again: More of the Nations Favourite Bus Journeys, which will be published in late 2013.
Editors of Bus-Pass Britain, Nicky Gardner and Susanne Kries, say that they “would like to receive submissions that showcase the splendid variety of British bus route.”
Each winning entrant will be contacted before 25 December 2012 and will be invited to write up their route in 1,500 words. Entries should be e-mailed as a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the start and end point of the route, or if the route is a single city, the name of the city in the subject field. Entries should include:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- The bus route number and the company operating the route.
- The start point and finish point of the route.
- The duration of the journey and frequency of the service.
- An introduction – in no more than 100 words – saying what makes the chosen route special.
- A descriptive passage – approximately 200 words – of the best part of the bus route, mentioning notable features along the way: a colourful pub or café, a rewarding walk or a site of historical interest.
- How they heard about the competition.
The competition is open to everyone. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
Entries must not have been published elsewhere and the route chosen must not have featured in the first book, Bus-Pass Britain, the contents of which can be found on the Bradt website www.bradtguides.com . Bradt are offering copies of Bus-Pass Britain at the reduced price of just £10 (free P&P in the UK) when buying from the Bradt website quoting the code BPBCOMP10.
Postal entries cannot be accepted. More details can be found on the Bradt website at www.bradtguides.com.